- Southern California Housing Report: Median Price $250,000 down 50 Percent from Peak Reached in 2007. Prices Back to 2002 Levels. $41,000 Away from Going Back to 2000 Prices. Home Price Deflation.
- Taxpayer Benefits in the Economic Stimulus Package
- Police harass student after Professor complains about student’s comment against gun free zones
– Free speech is great in college until you say something your professor doesn’t like.
- CBO: Massive federal government deficits for the next decade
- Comic for February 25, 2009
- Home Prices Need to Fall 50 Percent from Peak Nationwide for a Market Bottom: Case Shiller Data and Predicting the Ultimate Bottom. 5 Charts Showing we are far from a Bottom in Housing.
- An amusing Comic Strip
- Friday the 13
- Real Homes of Genius: Today we salute you Compton and Pasadena. Construction Quality and Location Actually Matter for the Economy.
- Left 4 Dead PC Game Download $25
– Cheap price if you haven’t picked this up yet.
- Hey Obama, subsidize my rent, too!
– “The subsidy would allow servicers to adjust the loan terms without having the mortgage’s investors take a loss, which should make them more open to the loan modification.” – So instead we the tax payer get stuck with the loss because of someone’s greedy irresponsibility.
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 Highlights
- userfriendly : 12 feb 2009 (12412)
- State of the State: California Budget and Housing Situation. Backroom Deals, Screaming for Paulson, and Understanding Revenues.
- userfriendly : 11 feb 2009 (12411)
- Commentary Online
– Despite Franklin Roosevelt’s aggressive spending, unemployment reached 25 percent in 1933, fell only to 14 percent by 1937, and was back up to 19 percent in 1939. In the end, the New Deal did little or nothing to resuscitate the economy.
- Ruin Your Health With the Obama Stimulus Plan
– “The issue is too important to be stalled by Senate protocol.”
- The era of greed is over, right?
- The Problem with Bailouts and “Stimulation”
- The End of the 6% Commission: Examining the National Association of Realtors and why Agents and Lenders are Going the way of the Travel Agent.
– Real Estate agents could easily go the way of the travel agent if they don’t. Seriously, what do you need a fully commissioned agent for anymore. Zillow and Redfin FTW.
- Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing Legislation
– And the gun restriction legislation begins, this is only the beginning folks, bans will follow. The licensing system in H.R. 45 makes our already restricted rights in California look lavish. If you own a qualifying gun (any handgun or semi-auto with magazine) you pretty much have to pay the government and jump through hoops to avoid becoming a FELON.
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Obama's Spinning on Stimulation Plan?
- Make Homemade Vanilla Extract
– Mmmm I love vanilla, might have to try this with rum.
- Furniture Ad Win
- Czech President Vaclav Klaus Takes Al Gore to Task Over Global Warming Claims
- The results of my search for low-priced contact lenses
- Daschle Owed Even More Money than Previously Reported
- Mark Steyn: Stimulated right into being another Europe | stimulus, economy, percent, bill, pelosi – Opinion – OCRegister.com
- Pork Pork Porkety PORK!
– NSFW – but he sums things up nicely, “Our government is insane.”
- Government takeover of health care in "Stimulus" bill
- Inside the American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan: A Whole Lotta Economic Stimulus
- Gmail Goes Offline with Google Gears
– Been using Gears for Reader and WordPress so this will be a nice addition. Would come in handy on a netbook/laptop where you might not have full time internet access.
- Senate Approves Delaying Digital TV Switch to June 12
– The DTV transition in pseudo-C:
if(transitionDate – today < 1 month)
transitionDate += 3 months;
- Species Classification according to The Killers by froman118
– I made a lolz
- MLS underestimates the number of foreclosures
Skim through the list of Friend Blogs, you might be missing out on someone’s site. Try running your own subscriptions through the parser and post it up. Would be cool to see what people are reading and if there’s anything others might be interested in.