This page is an archive for the older versions of My Link Order. All new comments should be made here.
Gives you manual control over the order of your WordPress link categories and links by letting you set an arbitrary order. Includes drag and drop ordering and a replacement Widget.
Download My Link Order:
- WordPress 2.5: Now hosted at the WordPress.org Plugin Directory
- WordPress 2.3.2: mylinkorder2-3-2.zip
- WordPress 2.3: mylinkorder2-3.zip
- WordPress 2.2: mylinkorder-2-2.zip
- WordPress 2.1: mylinkorder-2-1-3.zip
- Update 3/19/2008: With 2.5 coming up, I’ve moved all future downloads to the WordPress Plugin directory. This page will stay up as a testament to this plugin’s popularity over the past 2 years.
- Update 2/09/2008: Works with 2.3.3, just copy taxonomy.php again.
- Update 9/30/2007: Updated to WP 2.3. The category table got nuked this release so you’ll need to go back and order your categories again (link order is preserved).
- Update 6/30/2007: The release you’ve all been waiting for!!! Built in widget support, hacking the widgets.php file is a thing of the past. I’m also dropping support for WP1.5, if you really really need it just ask, but seriously if you are on 1.5 it is about time to upgrade.
- Update 5/10/2007: Big update! I rewrote the interface and replaced the unfriendly up and down arrows with spiffy new drag and drop ordering. Check it out, definitely worth the upgrade, I’ve only tested on 2.1.3 but it should work on any 2.1.x install.
- Update 1/22/2007: Published WP 2.1 version of plugin. Eliminates need to modify core files but uses new WP template function. Also eliminated up/down arrow images, now uses plain buttons to avoid problems with image paths. See updated instructions above.
- Released January 2006 for WP 1.5 and soon after 2.0, many updates followed 2.3, 2.2, and 2.
- Unzip packed files
- Move mylinkorder.php to /wp-content/plugins/
- 2.3 only: move taxonomy.php to /wp-includes/
- Activate the “My Link Order” plugin on the Plugins menu
- Go to the “My Link Order” tab under Blogroll and specify your desired order for both link categories and links in each category.
- WIDGETS: Just drop the “My Link Order” widget that gets installed with the plugin and that’s it!
- Modify sidebar template to use correct function (additional parameters seperated by ampersands):
If you have a problem with it not ordering, make sure you have a plain “&” and not “& amp;” between the parameters which could happen if you copy straight out of the browser. Also make sure quotes are plain straight ones, some people have had problems when copying and pasting code out of the browser and PHP chokes on the bad quote character.
Thanks for checking out my first WordPress plugin, My Link Order. I wrote this because WordPress is sorely missing the ability to manually set the order link categories and links themselves will appear in. WordPress provides seven options for ordering just links (ordering categories is mysteriously absent) and they all seem to tip toe around the idea of actually letting the user explicitly set the order they want. If you have any problems let me know, I am more than happy to help resolve any issues you may have. Iâ€™ll respond to your comment through email so be sure to put a valid email in. Even if you donâ€™t have problems leave a comment or throw a couple bucks to buy some beer.