- Lies, Damned lies and Mexican Guns
- The Horrible Irony
- Evidence on Vouchers
– Gasp! You mean it is possible to get a good education from a school not run by the government?
- Woolworths Mexico: Aaaaargh!
- Another shooting in a another gun free zone: Binghamton, NY
- AT&T tweaks wireless terms of service to forbid video streaming, filesharing, data tethering
– T-Mobile’s not alone in wanting to stop data tethering.
- WSJ: Home prices "still no bargain"
- Foreclosures rising again
- "Prosecutors drop charge against man who had shootout with cop": Self defense against cop
– I support law enforcement, but when one of them do something stupid like showing up at a house in the middle of the night without identifying yourself they need to be reprimanded hard. The “he shot first” lie is the equivalent of planting a gun, truly despicable.
- Imagine media coverage of ‘President McCain’
– Larry is still going after the media and their coverage of Obama
- Phony Mexican Gunrunning
– Why would drug cartels go through the trouble of setting up strawman purchases of civilian semiautomatic weapons and then smuggle them into Mexico when they can buy fully automatic military grade weapons from foreign countries by the cargo container.
- McCain’s 1st 50 days: How they’d report it
– Larry is off the radio, but he’s still kicking.
- U.S. builders’ new-home sales up! Really?
– lol, ±18.3% accuracy on the month to month survey. Mainstream media coverage of the housing market just plain sucks.
- My Financial Infrastructure
- Rope, Trees, Some Assembly Required
- Consumer Reports’ Five Best Value Small Cars
- Why Don’t Young People Care About Finances?
- The Index Fund Wins Again
– Index funds FTW
- Netflix Signs South Park for Streaming Seasons 1 – 9
- Where the dangerous home mortgages are
- Is the Criminal Justice system racist?
- Not Obama’s Budget
- Bank of America CEO on housing
- Jim Cramer Sputters On The Daily Show
– Quote: “Even Stewart admits Cramer isn’t the real problem, which is that the purpose of 99% of the financial industry is not to make you rich. It’s too extract money from you, while you think they might make you rich.”
- Foreclosures up in February
– Surprise! Housing is going to get worse before it gets better.
- Google Reader starts a conversation
– Yes yes yes yes! Awesome. Lots of us have been wanting this and it sounds like they were listening.
- Pub evacuated after Monty Python prop mistaken for grenade – Telegraph
– And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, “O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.” And the Lord did grin.
- Obama’s deficits will be four times bigger than under Bush
- computerdesks.com: Wat!
- Why Government shouldn’t mandate what people buy
- Southern California Housing Report: Median Price $250,000 down 50 Percent from Peak Reached in 2007. Prices Back to 2002 Levels. $41,000 Away from Going Back to 2000 Prices. Home Price Deflation.
- Taxpayer Benefits in the Economic Stimulus Package
- Police harass student after Professor complains about student’s comment against gun free zones
– Free speech is great in college until you say something your professor doesn’t like.
- CBO: Massive federal government deficits for the next decade
- Comic for February 25, 2009
- Home Prices Need to Fall 50 Percent from Peak Nationwide for a Market Bottom: Case Shiller Data and Predicting the Ultimate Bottom. 5 Charts Showing we are far from a Bottom in Housing.
- An amusing Comic Strip
- Friday the 13
- Real Homes of Genius: Today we salute you Compton and Pasadena. Construction Quality and Location Actually Matter for the Economy.
- Left 4 Dead PC Game Download $25
– Cheap price if you haven’t picked this up yet.
- Hey Obama, subsidize my rent, too!
– “The subsidy would allow servicers to adjust the loan terms without having the mortgage’s investors take a loss, which should make them more open to the loan modification.” – So instead we the tax payer get stuck with the loss because of someone’s greedy irresponsibility.
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 Highlights
- userfriendly : 12 feb 2009 (12412)
- State of the State: California Budget and Housing Situation. Backroom Deals, Screaming for Paulson, and Understanding Revenues.
- userfriendly : 11 feb 2009 (12411)
- Commentary Online
– Despite Franklin Roosevelt’s aggressive spending, unemployment reached 25 percent in 1933, fell only to 14 percent by 1937, and was back up to 19 percent in 1939. In the end, the New Deal did little or nothing to resuscitate the economy.
- Ruin Your Health With the Obama Stimulus Plan
– “The issue is too important to be stalled by Senate protocol.”